Convert Visitors into Clients with a Call to Action
Clear direction makes all the difference when conducting business online.
Imagine you’re trying to order a pizza online. You search through your local pizza place’s website, but you can’t figure out how to place an order. There are no “order here” buttons, no “click here for delivery” options, not even a “contact us” button with a phone number or email. After a few minutes of frustrated searching you visit a competitor’s website instead. They have a big red “Place your order now” button, and in seconds you are entering your payment information and your hot pizza is on its way.
While a family law website and a pizza restaurant website are pretty different on the surface, one thing they have in common is the need for a very clear call to action.
A call-to-action, or CTA, is a website-oriented marketing strategy that aims at converting website visitors into paying customers.
You only get one chance at a first impression
A poorly designed website without proper calls to action can create a bad first impression. This is the website equivalent of bad breath on a first date, your visitors won’t be enticed to move forward with a second date.
As websites become increasingly more convenient to buy products and services from, the window of time to convert visitors into clients is shrinking. A call to action answers the immediate needs of your potential clients and puts them one step closer to accessing your services.
For example, providing a thumbnail of a phone and the phrase “call now” with a link that will redirect to the customer’s dial pad takes the work out of contacting your business. It’s simple and requires no need for memorizing or typing the phone number. It also eliminates the possibility of dialing the incorrect phone number.
Finding the right information becomes easy with a call to action. Whether someone is scanning a website for specific family legal services, or scheduling a dentist appointment, if there is not an immediate, obvious, and compelling direction on what to do next, that person will likely move on to a more user-friendly website.
“Catering to the clients’ needs makes them more comfortable using your website.“
Make the most out of your CTA
Here are some simple tips to use when you are implementing a call to action on your website:
- Do not use vague phrases like click here, etc. Be precise about what services that call to action provides to the client.
- Design your CTA with as much thought as the rest of your site. Try to make calls to action that are unique to your website as well as clear and concise.
- Use phrases that show urgency like “right now,” “immediately,” etc. It will help the client in understanding that his/her issues are not taken lightly, and he will get the services as soon as possible.
- Provide phone numbers, emails, etc. as a CTA and not a link that redirects to the contact page.
- Providing multiple CTA options is important. It means that you shouldn’t limit CTAs to phone numbers, but also to any other means of contact. It is essential because the client may prefer not to call. Catering to the clients’ needs makes them more comfortable using your website.
- List the services as CTAs, as well. For example, for divorce, the client should be able to click on the phrase and get redirected to the services offered.
- Make your CTA an actual button, not just hyperlinked text.
What are you waiting for? Get that call to action up today!
Immediacy is of utmost importance, as there are many websites out there providing family law services.
Ease of use and low barriers to purchase or book an appointment makes your potential client feel confident about your website. Their needs are important and urgent, so let them feel heard with a call to action.
If thinking about websites gives you a headache, and you just want a professional to handle it for you, Cascade Digital Marketing can help. We’ll design a beautiful and effective new family law website that attracts new clients and ultimately improves your firm’s bottom line. Let’s talk!
Email Marketing is a powerful tool that can help fuel your overall inbound marketing strategy. By creating targeted email campaigns, you can attract and convert new leads into customers. In this blog post, we'll discuss how to create effective email campaigns that...
Think about the last time you went online. What website did you visit? Odds are, it was one with a well-designed layout and easy-to-use interface. That's because website design is crucial for grabbing and holding users' attention. In fact, studies show that poorly...
There are many different ways to create a lead generation website. In this blog post, we will explore some of the most effective methods. We will also look at some tips for maximizing your website's effectiveness in generating leads. So, whether you're starting from...